Thursday, September 14, 2006

Reflection or Shadow

Well I have decided to use one of the shots from the Ford garagae fair (see earlier blog) as my reflection shot.

What i think about the shot:

I love this shot for its bizarre almost hallucagenic qualities, it looks just like something from the Magic Roundabout.
I feel the exposure is good, with very strong colours, good highlights and shadows. The reflection is nice with some detail - although not that exciting I admit.
I think the circle of the light and the circle of the flower balance each other out and are juxtaposition.
I do prefer bright colourful images and for me this would make a great poster :)

Technical details
EXIF data
I shot this on using a 70-300mm basic cheap Canon lense, nothing special. Pretty close to the subject id say about 6 feet and zoomed in as per the data. I focused on the detail in the refelection/edge of the light.

Photoshop modification
The bottom right hand corner had the edge of the wheel arch in, so cloned it out. Also removed some dust from the cars paintwork (on the car not the lense or sensor) and remove a small amount of myself that was caught in the reflection :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home